Still riding high off the wave of acclaim that greeted his sophomore independent full-length, last fall’s Reloaded, Roc Marciano returns to kick off his 2013 with new promotional single Bruh Man. As usual, the emcee/beatsmith keeps it low-key and lyrical, lacing an uncredited producer’s pensive soul loops with evocative imagery and an eclectic array of pop-cultural allusions (amidst a litany of luxury brands, he name-checks Crocodile Dundee and The Pelican Brief). It’s currently unknown what project, if any, will be this record’s home, but we’ll keep you posted on the Long Island buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.