Still riding high off the wave of acclaim that greeted his sophomore independent full-length, last fall’s Reloaded, Roc Marciano returns to kick off his 2013 with new promotional single Bruh Man. As usual, the emcee/beatsmith keeps it low-key and lyrical, lacing an uncredited producer’s pensive soul loops with evocative imagery and an eclectic array of pop-cultural allusions (amidst a litany of luxury brands, he name-checks Crocodile Dundee and The Pelican Brief). It’s currently unknown what project, if any, will be this record’s home, but we’ll keep you posted on the Long Island buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.