Still riding high off the wave of acclaim that greeted his sophomore independent full-length, last fall’s Reloaded, Roc Marciano returns to kick off his 2013 with new promotional single Bruh Man. As usual, the emcee/beatsmith keeps it low-key and lyrical, lacing an uncredited producer’s pensive soul loops with evocative imagery and an eclectic array of pop-cultural allusions (amidst a litany of luxury brands, he name-checks Crocodile Dundee and The Pelican Brief). It’s currently unknown what project, if any, will be this record’s home, but we’ll keep you posted on the Long Island buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.