Still riding high off the wave of acclaim that greeted his sophomore independent full-length, last fall’s Reloaded, Roc Marciano returns to kick off his 2013 with new promotional single Bruh Man. As usual, the emcee/beatsmith keeps it low-key and lyrical, lacing an uncredited producer’s pensive soul loops with evocative imagery and an eclectic array of pop-cultural allusions (amidst a litany of luxury brands, he name-checks Crocodile Dundee and The Pelican Brief). It’s currently unknown what project, if any, will be this record’s home, but we’ll keep you posted on the Long Island buzzmaker’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How the Gods Chill (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.