Robin Thicke‘s last featured record, Give It 2 U, received some surprisingly harsh feedback on our pages. Not even a Kendrick Lamar guest 16 could save the dancefloor-ready jam from readers’ ire. Evidently, y’all hurt the Star Trak/Interscope soul man’s feelings; on the freshly-released follow-up, he asks, “Why don’t you Take It Easy on Me?” Still, he hasn’t let a little criticism dissuade him from seeking success in the club. On this hip-swiveling selection, Timbaland‘s syncopated percussion, grainy synth-bass and chirpy vocal samples set the stage for what are, quite frankly, some of the weirdest come-ons I’ve heard from Thicke to date. But I’ll be damned if he doesn’t make pawing through women’s laundry sound positively alluring. Fans will be able to find this cut, the smash-hit title track and much more on the singer’s Blurred Lines LP, pre-orderable now in anticipation of its July 30, release to record stores and online retailers.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.