Robin Thicke‘s last featured record, Give It 2 U, received some surprisingly harsh feedback on our pages. Not even a Kendrick Lamar guest 16 could save the dancefloor-ready jam from readers’ ire. Evidently, y’all hurt the Star Trak/Interscope soul man’s feelings; on the freshly-released follow-up, he asks, “Why don’t you Take It Easy on Me?” Still, he hasn’t let a little criticism dissuade him from seeking success in the club. On this hip-swiveling selection, Timbaland‘s syncopated percussion, grainy synth-bass and chirpy vocal samples set the stage for what are, quite frankly, some of the weirdest come-ons I’ve heard from Thicke to date. But I’ll be damned if he doesn’t make pawing through women’s laundry sound positively alluring. Fans will be able to find this cut, the smash-hit title track and much more on the singer’s Blurred Lines LP, pre-orderable now in anticipation of its July 30, release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)