Robin Thicke‘s last featured record, Give It 2 U, received some surprisingly harsh feedback on our pages. Not even a Kendrick Lamar guest 16 could save the dancefloor-ready jam from readers’ ire. Evidently, y’all hurt the Star Trak/Interscope soul man’s feelings; on the freshly-released follow-up, he asks, “Why don’t you Take It Easy on Me?” Still, he hasn’t let a little criticism dissuade him from seeking success in the club. On this hip-swiveling selection, Timbaland‘s syncopated percussion, grainy synth-bass and chirpy vocal samples set the stage for what are, quite frankly, some of the weirdest come-ons I’ve heard from Thicke to date. But I’ll be damned if he doesn’t make pawing through women’s laundry sound positively alluring. Fans will be able to find this cut, the smash-hit title track and much more on the singer’s Blurred Lines LP, pre-orderable now in anticipation of its July 30, release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.