Robin Thicke‘s last featured record, Give It 2 U, received some surprisingly harsh feedback on our pages. Not even a Kendrick Lamar guest 16 could save the dancefloor-ready jam from readers’ ire. Evidently, y’all hurt the Star Trak/Interscope soul man’s feelings; on the freshly-released follow-up, he asks, “Why don’t you Take It Easy on Me?” Still, he hasn’t let a little criticism dissuade him from seeking success in the club. On this hip-swiveling selection, Timbaland‘s syncopated percussion, grainy synth-bass and chirpy vocal samples set the stage for what are, quite frankly, some of the weirdest come-ons I’ve heard from Thicke to date. But I’ll be damned if he doesn’t make pawing through women’s laundry sound positively alluring. Fans will be able to find this cut, the smash-hit title track and much more on the singer’s Blurred Lines LP, pre-orderable now in anticipation of its July 30, release to record stores and online retailers.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!