Let’s be real. You saw that Robin Thicke had a new track called Shakin It for Daddy featuring Nicki Minaj and you got a little nervous. (Come on, I can’t be the only one). Would this be an almost assuredly disastrous attempt by Thicke at a stripper anthem? Some sort of weird fantasy role play thing between him and Minaj? Unfortunately, it only took twenty seconds before some of my fears were confirmed. While Thicke is known for his candlelight crooning, here he steals a page out of the Usher playbook, softly asking his special lady friends to drop it to the floor while an ass-shaking beat from Polow da Don bumps in the background and Nicki Minaj (a.k.a. the femcee’s greatest hope) is her usual lyrically schizophrenic self on a full two verses. Shakin It for Daddy’s not a bad track in and of itself, but Thicke just doesn’t have the swagger to pull it off. Will his upcoming album Sex Therapy feature even more misguided strip club cuts? We’ll find out on December 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.