Let’s be real. You saw that Robin Thicke had a new track called Shakin It for Daddy featuring Nicki Minaj and you got a little nervous. (Come on, I can’t be the only one). Would this be an almost assuredly disastrous attempt by Thicke at a stripper anthem? Some sort of weird fantasy role play thing between him and Minaj? Unfortunately, it only took twenty seconds before some of my fears were confirmed. While Thicke is known for his candlelight crooning, here he steals a page out of the Usher playbook, softly asking his special lady friends to drop it to the floor while an ass-shaking beat from Polow da Don bumps in the background and Nicki Minaj (a.k.a. the femcee’s greatest hope) is her usual lyrically schizophrenic self on a full two verses. Shakin It for Daddy’s not a bad track in and of itself, but Thicke just doesn’t have the swagger to pull it off. Will his upcoming album Sex Therapy feature even more misguided strip club cuts? We’ll find out on December 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.