After a very rocky start to his career, Robin Thicke has worked hard to find his place in the music industry, and in the process has established a growing fan base who love Thicke for his always smooth soul style. Those classy ways are on display again on his new single Sex Therapy (which, it goes without saying, is my favorite kind of therapy). With Polow Da Don as producer, Thicke’s normally organic sound is given some subtle but effective heavy bass undertones and erotic synths, resulting in a slowly hypnotizing and sexy track that I could see Ciara or Keri Hilson jumping in on for a duet remix. Future remixes aside, Sex Therapy sounds like it could be his biggest radio hit since his breakthrough Lost Without U. Fans in need of some more Sex Therapy (aren’t we all?) will have to wait: Thicke’s upcoming fourth studio album currently has no title or release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)