After a very rocky start to his career, Robin Thicke has worked hard to find his place in the music industry, and in the process has established a growing fan base who love Thicke for his always smooth soul style. Those classy ways are on display again on his new single Sex Therapy (which, it goes without saying, is my favorite kind of therapy). With Polow Da Don as producer, Thicke’s normally organic sound is given some subtle but effective heavy bass undertones and erotic synths, resulting in a slowly hypnotizing and sexy track that I could see Ciara or Keri Hilson jumping in on for a duet remix. Future remixes aside, Sex Therapy sounds like it could be his biggest radio hit since his breakthrough Lost Without U. Fans in need of some more Sex Therapy (aren’t we all?) will have to wait: Thicke’s upcoming fourth studio album currently has no title or release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.