After a very rocky start to his career, Robin Thicke has worked hard to find his place in the music industry, and in the process has established a growing fan base who love Thicke for his always smooth soul style. Those classy ways are on display again on his new single Sex Therapy (which, it goes without saying, is my favorite kind of therapy). With Polow Da Don as producer, Thicke’s normally organic sound is given some subtle but effective heavy bass undertones and erotic synths, resulting in a slowly hypnotizing and sexy track that I could see Ciara or Keri Hilson jumping in on for a duet remix. Future remixes aside, Sex Therapy sounds like it could be his biggest radio hit since his breakthrough Lost Without U. Fans in need of some more Sex Therapy (aren’t we all?) will have to wait: Thicke’s upcoming fourth studio album currently has no title or release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.