After a very rocky start to his career, Robin Thicke has worked hard to find his place in the music industry, and in the process has established a growing fan base who love Thicke for his always smooth soul style. Those classy ways are on display again on his new single Sex Therapy (which, it goes without saying, is my favorite kind of therapy). With Polow Da Don as producer, Thicke’s normally organic sound is given some subtle but effective heavy bass undertones and erotic synths, resulting in a slowly hypnotizing and sexy track that I could see Ciara or Keri Hilson jumping in on for a duet remix. Future remixes aside, Sex Therapy sounds like it could be his biggest radio hit since his breakthrough Lost Without U. Fans in need of some more Sex Therapy (aren’t we all?) will have to wait: Thicke’s upcoming fourth studio album currently has no title or release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.