Following his platinum-selling sophomore album, The Evolution of Robin Thicke (which spawned the mega-hit, Lost Without U), singer Robin Thicke is looking to continue his musical takeover with the follow-up, Something Else. Picking up the jazziness where Evolution left off, Thicke brings his Magic to the table with trademark soft vocals and sharp production, which together make for a potentially electric live experience. Already being used in a European Samsung commercial, Magic couldn’t have been released at a better time; as the summer heats up, more and more people will be taking relaxing sunset drives while listening “Robin rock.” For more soulful, good-spirited R&B music, check out Something Else, set for worldwide release this September.
Written by Burmy on 06/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.