Following his platinum-selling sophomore album, The Evolution of Robin Thicke (which spawned the mega-hit, Lost Without U), singer Robin Thicke is looking to continue his musical takeover with the follow-up, Something Else. Picking up the jazziness where Evolution left off, Thicke brings his Magic to the table with trademark soft vocals and sharp production, which together make for a potentially electric live experience. Already being used in a European Samsung commercial, Magic couldn’t have been released at a better time; as the summer heats up, more and more people will be taking relaxing sunset drives while listening “Robin rock.” For more soulful, good-spirited R&B music, check out Something Else, set for worldwide release this September.
Written by Burmy on 06/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.