Now that The-Dream’s last album is slowly fading into the rearview there’s a real absence of falsetto R&B in my life. Wait, what’s that? Robin Thicke’s got a new single out? Phew, problem solved. The first we’ve heard from Thicke since 09’s It’s In the Morning, new title track Love After War is geared towards making longtime Robin loyalists happy, swimming in the same jazzy/R&B waters he navigates so well. The headliner himself runs production duties (with Pro-J), laying down a shaking, live instrument driven beat that immediately put me in a Sade frame of mind. Vocally Thicke hasn’t lost a note, delivering softly crooned and (slightly) more up-tempo verses that put a fresh spin on the break-up to make-up relationship cycle: “You know I can make it right / don’t you love it when we fight?” I feel obligated to point out that you can always just have sex and not fight, but hey, who am I to argue with the man? If your iPod’s still feeling a little light on the falsetto after this single you should be able to find all the smoothness your heart desires when Love After War the album hits eardrums worldwide on November 15.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.