Robin Thicke’s new track It’s in the Mornin’ is about f**king. What did you expect? After all, the album’s titled Sex Therapy. Keeping in line with previous releases Meiple and Shakin It for Daddy, It’s in the Morning is a smoothly produced cut by r&b legend Teddy Riley that keeps its focus strictly between the sheets, especially in the morning hours. For his part Thicke is his usual falsetto self, though the track’s occasionally laugh out loud lines show that he might have picked up a thing or two lyrically from R. Kelly when working on Pregnant: “Let me put some cream in your coffee” is a hilarious line considering Thicke’s wife is black. Putting the proverbial cherry on this sexually charged sundae is Snoop Dogg, who in trademark fashion delivers a supremely laid-back flow guaranteed to set the mood. It’s in the Mornin’ isn’t officially a single off Sex Therapy (out now), but it probably should be. Does the Booth agree?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!