Robin Thicke’s new track It’s in the Mornin’ is about f**king. What did you expect? After all, the album’s titled Sex Therapy. Keeping in line with previous releases Meiple and Shakin It for Daddy, It’s in the Morning is a smoothly produced cut by r&b legend Teddy Riley that keeps its focus strictly between the sheets, especially in the morning hours. For his part Thicke is his usual falsetto self, though the track’s occasionally laugh out loud lines show that he might have picked up a thing or two lyrically from R. Kelly when working on Pregnant: “Let me put some cream in your coffee” is a hilarious line considering Thicke’s wife is black. Putting the proverbial cherry on this sexually charged sundae is Snoop Dogg, who in trademark fashion delivers a supremely laid-back flow guaranteed to set the mood. It’s in the Mornin’ isn’t officially a single off Sex Therapy (out now), but it probably should be. Does the Booth agree?
Written by Nathan S. on 12/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.