Robin Thicke’s new track It’s in the Mornin’ is about f**king. What did you expect? After all, the album’s titled Sex Therapy. Keeping in line with previous releases Meiple and Shakin It for Daddy, It’s in the Morning is a smoothly produced cut by r&b legend Teddy Riley that keeps its focus strictly between the sheets, especially in the morning hours. For his part Thicke is his usual falsetto self, though the track’s occasionally laugh out loud lines show that he might have picked up a thing or two lyrically from R. Kelly when working on Pregnant: “Let me put some cream in your coffee” is a hilarious line considering Thicke’s wife is black. Putting the proverbial cherry on this sexually charged sundae is Snoop Dogg, who in trademark fashion delivers a supremely laid-back flow guaranteed to set the mood. It’s in the Mornin’ isn’t officially a single off Sex Therapy (out now), but it probably should be. Does the Booth agree?
Written by Nathan S. on 12/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.