Robin Thicke’s new track It’s in the Mornin’ is about f**king. What did you expect? After all, the album’s titled Sex Therapy. Keeping in line with previous releases Meiple and Shakin It for Daddy, It’s in the Morning is a smoothly produced cut by r&b legend Teddy Riley that keeps its focus strictly between the sheets, especially in the morning hours. For his part Thicke is his usual falsetto self, though the track’s occasionally laugh out loud lines show that he might have picked up a thing or two lyrically from R. Kelly when working on Pregnant: “Let me put some cream in your coffee” is a hilarious line considering Thicke’s wife is black. Putting the proverbial cherry on this sexually charged sundae is Snoop Dogg, who in trademark fashion delivers a supremely laid-back flow guaranteed to set the mood. It’s in the Mornin’ isn’t officially a single off Sex Therapy (out now), but it probably should be. Does the Booth agree?
Written by Nathan S. on 12/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.