Though Robin Thicke and his wife of 22 years, Paula Patton, separated in February, he’s hoping against hope that the split will be nothing more than a momentary interruption in a Forever Love. On his seventh full-length’s second single, follow-up to May’s Get Her Back, the R&B hitmaker assures his ex that come what may, he’ll always be in her corner: “If you’re ever down and out, baby, I’ll be there biggin’ you up.” Thicke doubles as producer, creating an understated piano backdrop for his expressions of love and devotion. Featuring this soulful ballad and much more, the Paula LP is available now from record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
A few years back, a close friend told me that, ever since a woman he'd been dating had left him, he'd been writing love poems and slipping them into her mailbox. I was torn; part of me wanted to laugh at him, because that was...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.