Blurred Lines, the hit lead single and title track off Robin Thicke‘s next studio album, saw the Star Trak/Interscope soul man struggling to decode the mixed signals of a shorty he hoped to lure away from her steady guy. Turns out, that’s far from the first time a woman’s reticence left him in a state of uncertainty. On newly-released follow-up For the Rest of My Life, he steps into the shoes of his adolescent self as he wonders whether the girl he’d like to spend forever with is equally committed to him. Regular production collaborator Pro-Jay‘s understated strings and airy keys back him as he asks, “Baby will you stick around?” Assuming the record is autobiographical, the answer was “Yes,” as Thicke has been happily married to teenage sweetheart Paula Patton since 2005. Blurred Lines (the album) is slated to drop at an as yet-undetermined date this summer, and For the Rest of My Life is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)