Blurred Lines, the hit lead single and title track off Robin Thicke‘s next studio album, saw the Star Trak/Interscope soul man struggling to decode the mixed signals of a shorty he hoped to lure away from her steady guy. Turns out, that’s far from the first time a woman’s reticence left him in a state of uncertainty. On newly-released follow-up For the Rest of My Life, he steps into the shoes of his adolescent self as he wonders whether the girl he’d like to spend forever with is equally committed to him. Regular production collaborator Pro-Jay‘s understated strings and airy keys back him as he asks, “Baby will you stick around?” Assuming the record is autobiographical, the answer was “Yes,” as Thicke has been happily married to teenage sweetheart Paula Patton since 2005. Blurred Lines (the album) is slated to drop at an as yet-undetermined date this summer, and For the Rest of My Life is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.