Blurred Lines, the hit lead single and title track off Robin Thicke‘s next studio album, saw the Star Trak/Interscope soul man struggling to decode the mixed signals of a shorty he hoped to lure away from her steady guy. Turns out, that’s far from the first time a woman’s reticence left him in a state of uncertainty. On newly-released follow-up For the Rest of My Life, he steps into the shoes of his adolescent self as he wonders whether the girl he’d like to spend forever with is equally committed to him. Regular production collaborator Pro-Jay‘s understated strings and airy keys back him as he asks, “Baby will you stick around?” Assuming the record is autobiographical, the answer was “Yes,” as Thicke has been happily married to teenage sweetheart Paula Patton since 2005. Blurred Lines (the album) is slated to drop at an as yet-undetermined date this summer, and For the Rest of My Life is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/5/13
Robin Thicke is a 36-year-old married man who still preys on the opposite sex as if he was a newly initiated frat boy and seems to always be reminding the listener, male or female, about his large his man parts. Robin Thicke...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.