With an amazingly soulful voice, a stunningly gorgeous wife, and that guy from Growing Pains as his dad I’m not quite sure why Robin Thicke would feel the need to sing about Another Life. Regardless of song titles, though, newly released record Another Life is a great example of the brand of upbeat R&B that Thicke has become so well-known for. With summer slowly creeping towards an end and the sappy love songs of fall rearing their emo head it is an upbeat tune like Another Life that seems to become even more enjoyable than normal. The Neptunes, who originally signed Thicke to his label deal with Star Trak Entertainment, tackle the production end of Another Life, using a sultry mix of keys and the occasional hand clap to gear the sound of the record towards the “grown and sexy” crowd. As of now Another Life has not been confirmed for any project from Thicke, but I can’t picture this record being without a home for long.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.