With an amazingly soulful voice, a stunningly gorgeous wife, and that guy from Growing Pains as his dad I’m not quite sure why Robin Thicke would feel the need to sing about Another Life. Regardless of song titles, though, newly released record Another Life is a great example of the brand of upbeat R&B that Thicke has become so well-known for. With summer slowly creeping towards an end and the sappy love songs of fall rearing their emo head it is an upbeat tune like Another Life that seems to become even more enjoyable than normal. The Neptunes, who originally signed Thicke to his label deal with Star Trak Entertainment, tackle the production end of Another Life, using a sultry mix of keys and the occasional hand clap to gear the sound of the record towards the “grown and sexy” crowd. As of now Another Life has not been confirmed for any project from Thicke, but I can’t picture this record being without a home for long.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.