With an amazingly soulful voice, a stunningly gorgeous wife, and that guy from Growing Pains as his dad I’m not quite sure why Robin Thicke would feel the need to sing about Another Life. Regardless of song titles, though, newly released record Another Life is a great example of the brand of upbeat R&B that Thicke has become so well-known for. With summer slowly creeping towards an end and the sappy love songs of fall rearing their emo head it is an upbeat tune like Another Life that seems to become even more enjoyable than normal. The Neptunes, who originally signed Thicke to his label deal with Star Trak Entertainment, tackle the production end of Another Life, using a sultry mix of keys and the occasional hand clap to gear the sound of the record towards the “grown and sexy” crowd. As of now Another Life has not been confirmed for any project from Thicke, but I can’t picture this record being without a home for long.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.