With global population growth ever outpacing the rate at which souls return to their maker, a modern individual would be lucky to have a single winged benefactor watching his or her back. Robin Thicke, however, leads a charmed life—as the soul singer boasts on his latest feature, he’s got An Angel on Each Arm. A standout cut off the artist’s fifth studio album, Angel finds Thicke coming together with production partner Pro-J to craft a funky, brass-fortified backdrop as he pays tribute to the divine representatives who ensure he doesn’t become a casualty in the endless war that is love. And I do mean war—the Star Trak/Interscope singer laces his full-throated verses with imagery straight out of Call of Duty: Black Ops: “They in the bushes, look in the trees / they got their red laser sniper rifles stuck on me.” Considering what Thicke seems to be up against, it’s a damn good thing he’s got a couple members of the heavenly host on his side. That kind of protection doesn’t come cheap though; if you haven’t already, you can contribute to Robin Thicke’s fighting fund by copping Love After War, available in stores and online as of December 2011.
Written by richard on 01/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.