With global population growth ever outpacing the rate at which souls return to their maker, a modern individual would be lucky to have a single winged benefactor watching his or her back. Robin Thicke, however, leads a charmed life—as the soul singer boasts on his latest feature, he’s got An Angel on Each Arm. A standout cut off the artist’s fifth studio album, Angel finds Thicke coming together with production partner Pro-J to craft a funky, brass-fortified backdrop as he pays tribute to the divine representatives who ensure he doesn’t become a casualty in the endless war that is love. And I do mean war—the Star Trak/Interscope singer laces his full-throated verses with imagery straight out of Call of Duty: Black Ops: “They in the bushes, look in the trees / they got their red laser sniper rifles stuck on me.” Considering what Thicke seems to be up against, it’s a damn good thing he’s got a couple members of the heavenly host on his side. That kind of protection doesn’t come cheap though; if you haven’t already, you can contribute to Robin Thicke’s fighting fund by copping Love After War, available in stores and online as of December 2011.
Written by richard on 01/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.