Looking for Robin Thicke? Well, I’m sorry to say he’s All Tied Up at the moment. By which I mean, dude’s getting it in. Fortunately, though, the Star Trak/Interscope crooner’s prepared a new single for you to enjoy while you wait. The follow-up to 2011’s Weezy-assisted Pretty Lil Heart, this newly-released jam sees Thicke doubling down on that jam’s sultry, bedroom-ready vibe. Over his and frequent collaborator Pro-J‘s vintage-soul boardwork, a appealingly retro blend of languid bass, liquid guitar riffs and syncopated brass stabs, the singer details his fantasies to the girl who’s been running through his head all day: “Hey girl, I’ve been thinkin’ / About you in see-through sequins.” In the process of pouring out his deepest fantasies, he showcases his impressive vocal versatility, switching seamlessly between a falsetto coo and a husky, full-voiced delivery. Digging Robin Thicke’s latest burner? Then what are you waiting for—head to the nearest record store (or boot up iTunes) and cop Love After War, released in December 2011 via Star Trak/Interscope.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.