Looking for Robin Thicke? Well, I’m sorry to say he’s All Tied Up at the moment. By which I mean, dude’s getting it in. Fortunately, though, the Star Trak/Interscope crooner’s prepared a new single for you to enjoy while you wait. The follow-up to 2011’s Weezy-assisted Pretty Lil Heart, this newly-released jam sees Thicke doubling down on that jam’s sultry, bedroom-ready vibe. Over his and frequent collaborator Pro-J‘s vintage-soul boardwork, a appealingly retro blend of languid bass, liquid guitar riffs and syncopated brass stabs, the singer details his fantasies to the girl who’s been running through his head all day: “Hey girl, I’ve been thinkin’ / About you in see-through sequins.” In the process of pouring out his deepest fantasies, he showcases his impressive vocal versatility, switching seamlessly between a falsetto coo and a husky, full-voiced delivery. Digging Robin Thicke’s latest burner? Then what are you waiting for—head to the nearest record store (or boot up iTunes) and cop Love After War, released in December 2011 via Star Trak/Interscope.
Written by richard on 03/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.