Looking for Robin Thicke? Well, I’m sorry to say he’s All Tied Up at the moment. By which I mean, dude’s getting it in. Fortunately, though, the Star Trak/Interscope crooner’s prepared a new single for you to enjoy while you wait. The follow-up to 2011’s Weezy-assisted Pretty Lil Heart, this newly-released jam sees Thicke doubling down on that jam’s sultry, bedroom-ready vibe. Over his and frequent collaborator Pro-J‘s vintage-soul boardwork, a appealingly retro blend of languid bass, liquid guitar riffs and syncopated brass stabs, the singer details his fantasies to the girl who’s been running through his head all day: “Hey girl, I’ve been thinkin’ / About you in see-through sequins.” In the process of pouring out his deepest fantasies, he showcases his impressive vocal versatility, switching seamlessly between a falsetto coo and a husky, full-voiced delivery. Digging Robin Thicke’s latest burner? Then what are you waiting for—head to the nearest record store (or boot up iTunes) and cop Love After War, released in December 2011 via Star Trak/Interscope.
Written by richard on 03/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Without You (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)