Previously known simply as “Rob Roy,” Jacksonville, Florida recording artist Rob Raimon Roy returns to our pages after nearly two years with a newly-expanded stage name and a self-titled video single in tow. Though this cut doesn’t have the avant-garde feel of 2010 Booth debut Carmencita, the artist’s left-of-center style is in full effect as he laces his and co-producer Luke Walker‘s noirish, jazz-infused production with irreverent autobiographical bars. Director Peter J. Brant provides an appropriately unique video to accompany the cut, complementing the artist’s rhymes with imagery straight out of a Twin Peaks episode. Fans can cop this record now on iTunes (it dropped in September, sans visuals), or cop it as part of new album Le Tigre Blanc on December 11.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.