Previously known simply as “Rob Roy,” Jacksonville, Florida recording artist Rob Raimon Roy returns to our pages after nearly two years with a newly-expanded stage name and a self-titled video single in tow. Though this cut doesn’t have the avant-garde feel of 2010 Booth debut Carmencita, the artist’s left-of-center style is in full effect as he laces his and co-producer Luke Walker‘s noirish, jazz-infused production with irreverent autobiographical bars. Director Peter J. Brant provides an appropriately unique video to accompany the cut, complementing the artist’s rhymes with imagery straight out of a Twin Peaks episode. Fans can cop this record now on iTunes (it dropped in September, sans visuals), or cop it as part of new album Le Tigre Blanc on December 11.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.