Previously known simply as “Rob Roy,” Jacksonville, Florida recording artist Rob Raimon Roy returns to our pages after nearly two years with a newly-expanded stage name and a self-titled video single in tow. Though this cut doesn’t have the avant-garde feel of 2010 Booth debut Carmencita, the artist’s left-of-center style is in full effect as he laces his and co-producer Luke Walker‘s noirish, jazz-infused production with irreverent autobiographical bars. Director Peter J. Brant provides an appropriately unique video to accompany the cut, complementing the artist’s rhymes with imagery straight out of a Twin Peaks episode. Fans can cop this record now on iTunes (it dropped in September, sans visuals), or cop it as part of new album Le Tigre Blanc on December 11.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.