Previously known simply as “Rob Roy,” Jacksonville, Florida recording artist Rob Raimon Roy returns to our pages after nearly two years with a newly-expanded stage name and a self-titled video single in tow. Though this cut doesn’t have the avant-garde feel of 2010 Booth debut Carmencita, the artist’s left-of-center style is in full effect as he laces his and co-producer Luke Walker‘s noirish, jazz-infused production with irreverent autobiographical bars. Director Peter J. Brant provides an appropriately unique video to accompany the cut, complementing the artist’s rhymes with imagery straight out of a Twin Peaks episode. Fans can cop this record now on iTunes (it dropped in September, sans visuals), or cop it as part of new album Le Tigre Blanc on December 11.
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.