Last Tuesday, we saw Robert Glasper join forces with singer/songwriter Norah Jones on the exhilarating Let It Ride. Exactly one week later, the seasoned jazz pianist and producer is back with another fresh single featuring Somebody Else from his seemingly bottomless well of connects—namely, UK pop songstress Emeli Sandé. This time around, Glasper sticks closer to his collaborator’s comfort zone, eschewing frantic breakbeats in favor of a more staid R&B groove. Nonetheless, the record makes a strong impression; Sandé‘s emotionally-charged vocals, accented by cooed harmonies, are perfectly complemented by the headliner’s bittersweet keyboard chords. For this cut and many more eclectic, jazz-infused bangers, cop Black Radio 2 when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, October 29.
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wrong, No Right" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!