Last Tuesday, we saw Robert Glasper join forces with singer/songwriter Norah Jones on the exhilarating Let It Ride. Exactly one week later, the seasoned jazz pianist and producer is back with another fresh single featuring Somebody Else from his seemingly bottomless well of connects—namely, UK pop songstress Emeli Sandé. This time around, Glasper sticks closer to his collaborator’s comfort zone, eschewing frantic breakbeats in favor of a more staid R&B groove. Nonetheless, the record makes a strong impression; Sandé‘s emotionally-charged vocals, accented by cooed harmonies, are perfectly complemented by the headliner’s bittersweet keyboard chords. For this cut and many more eclectic, jazz-infused bangers, cop Black Radio 2 when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wrong, No Right" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.