Last Tuesday, we saw Robert Glasper join forces with singer/songwriter Norah Jones on the exhilarating Let It Ride. Exactly one week later, the seasoned jazz pianist and producer is back with another fresh single featuring Somebody Else from his seemingly bottomless well of connects—namely, UK pop songstress Emeli Sandé. This time around, Glasper sticks closer to his collaborator’s comfort zone, eschewing frantic breakbeats in favor of a more staid R&B groove. Nonetheless, the record makes a strong impression; Sandé‘s emotionally-charged vocals, accented by cooed harmonies, are perfectly complemented by the headliner’s bittersweet keyboard chords. For this cut and many more eclectic, jazz-infused bangers, cop Black Radio 2 when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wrong, No Right" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.