Last Tuesday, we saw Robert Glasper join forces with singer/songwriter Norah Jones on the exhilarating Let It Ride. Exactly one week later, the seasoned jazz pianist and producer is back with another fresh single featuring Somebody Else from his seemingly bottomless well of connects—namely, UK pop songstress Emeli Sandé. This time around, Glasper sticks closer to his collaborator’s comfort zone, eschewing frantic breakbeats in favor of a more staid R&B groove. Nonetheless, the record makes a strong impression; Sandé‘s emotionally-charged vocals, accented by cooed harmonies, are perfectly complemented by the headliner’s bittersweet keyboard chords. For this cut and many more eclectic, jazz-infused bangers, cop Black Radio 2 when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wrong, No Right" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.