Last Tuesday, we saw Robert Glasper join forces with singer/songwriter Norah Jones on the exhilarating Let It Ride. Exactly one week later, the seasoned jazz pianist and producer is back with another fresh single featuring Somebody Else from his seemingly bottomless well of connects—namely, UK pop songstress Emeli Sandé. This time around, Glasper sticks closer to his collaborator’s comfort zone, eschewing frantic breakbeats in favor of a more staid R&B groove. Nonetheless, the record makes a strong impression; Sandé‘s emotionally-charged vocals, accented by cooed harmonies, are perfectly complemented by the headliner’s bittersweet keyboard chords. For this cut and many more eclectic, jazz-infused bangers, cop Black Radio 2 when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wrong, No Right" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)