Robert Glasper only recently introduced himself to The DJBooth, but dazzling singles Calls and I Stand Alone have already garnered the veteran jazz pianist and producer a sizable following on our pages. Let It Ride, the third release off his next full-length, seems likely to cement his status as a reader fave. In keeping with his tradition of eclectic guest features, Glasper enlists singer/songwriter Norah Jones to handle vocals. His instrumental, a dense, jazzy arrangement fueled by a blistering breakbeat, is far from the Don’t Know Why hitmaker’s comfort zone, but all the pieces fall into place to form an inspired end product. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh, innovative cuts leading up to the October 29, release of the Robert Glasper Experiment’s highly-anticipated Black Radio 2 LP.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wrong, No Right" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)