Robert Glasper only recently introduced himself to The DJBooth, but dazzling singles Calls and I Stand Alone have already garnered the veteran jazz pianist and producer a sizable following on our pages. Let It Ride, the third release off his next full-length, seems likely to cement his status as a reader fave. In keeping with his tradition of eclectic guest features, Glasper enlists singer/songwriter Norah Jones to handle vocals. His instrumental, a dense, jazzy arrangement fueled by a blistering breakbeat, is far from the Don’t Know Why hitmaker’s comfort zone, but all the pieces fall into place to form an inspired end product. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh, innovative cuts leading up to the October 29, release of the Robert Glasper Experiment’s highly-anticipated Black Radio 2 LP.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wrong, No Right" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.