Robert Glasper only recently introduced himself to The DJBooth, but dazzling singles Calls and I Stand Alone have already garnered the veteran jazz pianist and producer a sizable following on our pages. Let It Ride, the third release off his next full-length, seems likely to cement his status as a reader fave. In keeping with his tradition of eclectic guest features, Glasper enlists singer/songwriter Norah Jones to handle vocals. His instrumental, a dense, jazzy arrangement fueled by a blistering breakbeat, is far from the Don’t Know Why hitmaker’s comfort zone, but all the pieces fall into place to form an inspired end product. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh, innovative cuts leading up to the October 29, release of the Robert Glasper Experiment’s highly-anticipated Black Radio 2 LP.
Written by richard on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wrong, No Right" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.