When a musical act has the word “experiment” in its name, you can assume you’re in for something out of the ordinary, and potentially in conflict with mainstream tastes. While Calls, the debut feature from the Robert Glasper Experiment, certainly lives up to the first part of that formula—it ain’t your average R&B joint—all but the narrowest-minded listeners should be able to appreciate its mellow, cozy vibe. The collective’s production, a keyboard-driven groove with a subtly shifting time signature, accompanies Grammy-winning soul songstress Jill Scott as she celebrates a man who never fails to pick up when she’s on the line. Feeling it? More innovative, ear-pleasing cuts await on RGE’s Black Radio 2 LP, due out October 29, via Blue Note Records.
Written by richard on 08/6/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Note Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Wrong, No Right" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.