On his newly-released street album, Robb Bank$ bucks hip-hop tradition by repping not only his native Ft. Lauderdale, but 13 other cities worldwide—one for every song on the set. Based on the abbreviation, I’m going to assume that KDia (CT) is dedicated to Cape Town, South Africa, though the joint itself is a Florida-centric affair. Miami’s Spaceghostpurrp and Nuri handle production duties, cooking up a cloudy, downtempo keyboard/sample backdrop for Bank$’ languidly drawled braggadocio. UK songstress Phlo Finister brings a touch of trans-Atlantic soul to the record, lending her breathy vocals to the chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More globetrotting bangers await on Tha City, available for free streaming and download right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Me" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.