r.O.b.‘s last feature, January’s Guns n Butter, saw the Philly-by-way-of-NY emcee struggling to survive and thrive despite the disadvantageous hand fate had dealt him. On freshly-released follow-up Sound View Song, the unsigned buzzmaker continues to document his underdog success story in the making. Over Talen Ted‘s smooth, jazzy sample work, r.O.b. recounts how he rose above poverty and familial strife to become the rising rap star and certified baller he is today. Bronx representer Teon Pierce provides guest rhymes on the back. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Sound View Music and plenty more fresh material on the artist’s CircaXXV LP, available online as of March 1.
Written by richard on 03/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.