r.O.b.‘s last feature, January’s Guns n Butter, saw the Philly-by-way-of-NY emcee struggling to survive and thrive despite the disadvantageous hand fate had dealt him. On freshly-released follow-up Sound View Song, the unsigned buzzmaker continues to document his underdog success story in the making. Over Talen Ted‘s smooth, jazzy sample work, r.O.b. recounts how he rose above poverty and familial strife to become the rising rap star and certified baller he is today. Bronx representer Teon Pierce provides guest rhymes on the back. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Sound View Music and plenty more fresh material on the artist’s CircaXXV LP, available online as of March 1.
Written by richard on 03/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.