Ever gotten so high you found yourself face to face with the Man Upstairs? Yeah, me neither. If that sounds like a good time, though, you may want to get in touch with Rob Regis’ dealer. On debut feature and mixtape lead single YoMyGod, the West Palm Beach native and his homies get so lifted off some Gold Diesel that they ascend to a higher plane of consciousness. In between the headliner’s blunted opening and closing bars, fellow newcomer Rugodzilla jumps on Young Blessom‘s icy synth beat to deliver a Biblically-allusive middle 16. Singer Soultree rounds out the lineup, showcasing her powerful pipes on the record’s chorus. This smokers’ anthem is just one of many bangers to be found on forthcoming street album The NHL (Nappy Headed Legend). The set currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh cuts and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.