Everyone loves the bad guy. Why else does the Joker come back in every single incarnation of the Batman franchise? On his latest promo cut, Floridian rhymesayer Rob Regis expresses a sentiment that any comic-book fan will be happy to echo: “Long Live the Villains!” UK beatsmith Shaan Shina conjures up a gloomy, oppressive atmosphere behind the boards, building his beat around a Travi$ Scott sample, and Regis comes with menacing bars to match; touting his work ethic and trash-talking sucker emcees, the artist does his damndest to strike fear into the hearts of his rivals. This joint is just a loosie, but fans should keep their browsers locked for the latest on Rob’s forthcoming, yet-unscheduled LP, The Nappy Headed Legend.
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.