You can tell a lot about an emcee by his choice of role models. For example, when a rapper styles himself after Ghostface, it’s clear that, at the very least, the man has impeccable taste. West Palm Beach native Rob Regis may not sound a damn thing like the YoMyGod spitter unleashes bar after bar of polysyllabically-rhymed, free-associative lyrical flames: “Corny with the wild look, I’m crawlin’ off a crucifix / Flashin’ my Blackberry, rhymes roll out like Ludacris / Point to where your medulla is… Now you stoned like a medusa is.” Craving more hot beats and head-spinning verses from this Panhandle State buzzmaker? Then stay tuned; The Nappy Headed Legend is currently unscheduled but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.