Previously known to Booth readers as Lyriciss, the DMV representative who brought us Big Gold Chain and countless other reader-acclaimed jams has reinvented himself as Rob Regal. But don’t get it twisted—the change in no way betokens a decreased emphasis on his pen game. As project title track and lead single The Reflection, premiering in the Booth along with Matt Sugawara‘s official visuals, makes clear, he’s every inch the lyricist he was when last we featured him. Over a flute-laced beat by The Antydote and Chris Calor, the emcee eloquently chronicles his efforts to get his paper up while maintaining his artistic integrity. For this thoughtful jam and much more, cop The Reflection (the EP) when it drops digitally this September.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.