Previously known to Booth readers as Lyriciss, the DMV representative who brought us Big Gold Chain and countless other reader-acclaimed jams has reinvented himself as Rob Regal. But don’t get it twisted—the change in no way betokens a decreased emphasis on his pen game. As project title track and lead single The Reflection, premiering in the Booth along with Matt Sugawara‘s official visuals, makes clear, he’s every inch the lyricist he was when last we featured him. Over a flute-laced beat by The Antydote and Chris Calor, the emcee eloquently chronicles his efforts to get his paper up while maintaining his artistic integrity. For this thoughtful jam and much more, cop The Reflection (the EP) when it drops digitally this September.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.