Previously known to Booth readers as Lyriciss, the DMV representative who brought us Big Gold Chain and countless other reader-acclaimed jams has reinvented himself as Rob Regal. But don’t get it twisted—the change in no way betokens a decreased emphasis on his pen game. As project title track and lead single The Reflection, premiering in the Booth along with Matt Sugawara‘s official visuals, makes clear, he’s every inch the lyricist he was when last we featured him. Over a flute-laced beat by The Antydote and Chris Calor, the emcee eloquently chronicles his efforts to get his paper up while maintaining his artistic integrity. For this thoughtful jam and much more, cop The Reflection (the EP) when it drops digitally this September.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)