When is it time for a fella to settle down with one woman? Beats me—as a 20-going-on-21-year-old American male who drinks milk straight from the carton and leaves laundry all over the bedroom floor, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a long while before “ready for commitment” is even a glimmer on the horizon. A little older and wiser than I, rising soul star Rob Murat, is currently staring that quintessentially male Dilemma in the face; as the NYC native puts it, “I love my woman, but I love my freedom too!” Over a soulfully laid-back beat (coproduced by Murat and Optiks) drawing from one of the countless cover versions of Osvaldo Ferres’ Quizás, Quizás, Quizás (Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps, to English speakers), the singer levels first with the fellas and then with the ladies, explaining that, though she could be the one, he won’t be rushed into commitment before he’s good and ready. Fans can find more easily-relatable, old school-informed jams on the singer’s So Much to Say LP (out now), as well as checking out this track’s newly-released video (ft. Kidz in the Hall).
Listen to More: Rob Murat
Written by richard on 08/12/09
Submit your Rating
Quench Entertainment Group Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Breathe ft. Rob Murat" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.