When is it time for a fella to settle down with one woman? Beats me—as a 20-going-on-21-year-old American male who drinks milk straight from the carton and leaves laundry all over the bedroom floor, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a long while before “ready for commitment” is even a glimmer on the horizon. A little older and wiser than I, rising soul star Rob Murat, is currently staring that quintessentially male Dilemma in the face; as the NYC native puts it, “I love my woman, but I love my freedom too!” Over a soulfully laid-back beat (coproduced by Murat and Optiks) drawing from one of the countless cover versions of Osvaldo Ferres’ Quizás, Quizás, Quizás (Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps, to English speakers), the singer levels first with the fellas and then with the ladies, explaining that, though she could be the one, he won’t be rushed into commitment before he’s good and ready. Fans can find more easily-relatable, old school-informed jams on the singer’s So Much to Say LP (out now), as well as checking out this track’s newly-released video (ft. Kidz in the Hall).
Listen to More: Rob Murat
Written by richard on 08/12/09
Quench Entertainment Group Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Breathe ft. Rob Murat" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.