When is it time for a fella to settle down with one woman? Beats me—as a 20-going-on-21-year-old American male who drinks milk straight from the carton and leaves laundry all over the bedroom floor, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a long while before “ready for commitment” is even a glimmer on the horizon. A little older and wiser than I, rising soul star Rob Murat, is currently staring that quintessentially male Dilemma in the face; as the NYC native puts it, “I love my woman, but I love my freedom too!” Over a soulfully laid-back beat (coproduced by Murat and Optiks) drawing from one of the countless cover versions of Osvaldo Ferres’ Quizás, Quizás, Quizás (Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps, to English speakers), the singer levels first with the fellas and then with the ladies, explaining that, though she could be the one, he won’t be rushed into commitment before he’s good and ready. Fans can find more easily-relatable, old school-informed jams on the singer’s So Much to Say LP (out now), as well as checking out this track’s newly-released video (ft. Kidz in the Hall).
Listen to More: Rob Murat Written by richard
Quench Entertainment Group Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Breathe ft. Rob Murat" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.