While it’s entirely safe to say that Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world, DJBooth newcomer r.O.b (realist One breathin) might have just scored himself the title of fastest rapper in the world thanks to his newest music video. In the video for the emcee’s latest single HomeTown, the NYC native speedily works his way from his apartment to his local subway station in about 8.7 milliseconds, seriously. With the backing of 78 West‘s percussion heavy production, r.O.b goes on to represent for his hometown as he raps, “Tell me what you heard about the new swerve/ Down here, my turf. Hipsters, hood merge. Uptown, Williamsburg.” The music video for HomeTown concludes quite fittingly as the wordsmith finds himself rocking out on a stage in Brooklyn. Remember to make yourself a sticky note; this single will appear on the emcee’s CircaXXV mixtape, due out later this month.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)