While it’s entirely safe to say that Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world, DJBooth newcomer r.O.b (realist One breathin) might have just scored himself the title of fastest rapper in the world thanks to his newest music video. In the video for the emcee’s latest single HomeTown, the NYC native speedily works his way from his apartment to his local subway station in about 8.7 milliseconds, seriously. With the backing of 78 West‘s percussion heavy production, r.O.b goes on to represent for his hometown as he raps, “Tell me what you heard about the new swerve/ Down here, my turf. Hipsters, hood merge. Uptown, Williamsburg.” The music video for HomeTown concludes quite fittingly as the wordsmith finds himself rocking out on a stage in Brooklyn. Remember to make yourself a sticky note; this single will appear on the emcee’s CircaXXV mixtape, due out later this month.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.