While it’s entirely safe to say that Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world, DJBooth newcomer r.O.b (realist One breathin) might have just scored himself the title of fastest rapper in the world thanks to his newest music video. In the video for the emcee’s latest single HomeTown, the NYC native speedily works his way from his apartment to his local subway station in about 8.7 milliseconds, seriously. With the backing of 78 West‘s percussion heavy production, r.O.b goes on to represent for his hometown as he raps, “Tell me what you heard about the new swerve/ Down here, my turf. Hipsters, hood merge. Uptown, Williamsburg.” The music video for HomeTown concludes quite fittingly as the wordsmith finds himself rocking out on a stage in Brooklyn. Remember to make yourself a sticky note; this single will appear on the emcee’s CircaXXV mixtape, due out later this month.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.