While it’s entirely safe to say that Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world, DJBooth newcomer r.O.b (realist One breathin) might have just scored himself the title of fastest rapper in the world thanks to his newest music video. In the video for the emcee’s latest single HomeTown, the NYC native speedily works his way from his apartment to his local subway station in about 8.7 milliseconds, seriously. With the backing of 78 West‘s percussion heavy production, r.O.b goes on to represent for his hometown as he raps, “Tell me what you heard about the new swerve/ Down here, my turf. Hipsters, hood merge. Uptown, Williamsburg.” The music video for HomeTown concludes quite fittingly as the wordsmith finds himself rocking out on a stage in Brooklyn. Remember to make yourself a sticky note; this single will appear on the emcee’s CircaXXV mixtape, due out later this month.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.