While it’s entirely safe to say that Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world, DJBooth newcomer r.O.b (realist One breathin) might have just scored himself the title of fastest rapper in the world thanks to his newest music video. In the video for the emcee’s latest single HomeTown, the NYC native speedily works his way from his apartment to his local subway station in about 8.7 milliseconds, seriously. With the backing of 78 West‘s percussion heavy production, r.O.b goes on to represent for his hometown as he raps, “Tell me what you heard about the new swerve/ Down here, my turf. Hipsters, hood merge. Uptown, Williamsburg.” The music video for HomeTown concludes quite fittingly as the wordsmith finds himself rocking out on a stage in Brooklyn. Remember to make yourself a sticky note; this single will appear on the emcee’s CircaXXV mixtape, due out later this month.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/7/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.