After releasing his independent debut album, Better Believe Me, this past October, Mississippi native Rob Gold (with the help of Grand Hustle beatmaker Khao and CTE beatmaker T.A.) hopes to make a splash this summer with his impending follow-up. Buying into Juicy J‘s “a successful radio single needs to attract a female audience” philosophy, Rob takes his biggest shot at pop success yet with the made-for-radio single Summer Girl. Producer T.A. gets behind the boards for mass-appeal production, as feature artist Reggie Jamz provides the all-important R&B hook. Put it all together with some aggressive national promotion and you have the recipe for Summer Girl success.
Full Blown LLC/Country Boy Records (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.