After releasing his independent debut album, Better Believe Me, this past October, Mississippi native Rob Gold (with the help of Grand Hustle beatmaker Khao and CTE beatmaker T.A.) hopes to make a splash this summer with his impending follow-up. Buying into Juicy J‘s “a successful radio single needs to attract a female audience” philosophy, Rob takes his biggest shot at pop success yet with the made-for-radio single Summer Girl. Producer T.A. gets behind the boards for mass-appeal production, as feature artist Reggie Jamz provides the all-important R&B hook. Put it all together with some aggressive national promotion and you have the recipe for Summer Girl success.
Written by Burmy on 05/20/08
Submit your Rating
Full Blown LLC/Country Boy Records (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.