After releasing his independent debut album, Better Believe Me, this past October, Mississippi native Rob Gold (with the help of Grand Hustle beatmaker Khao and CTE beatmaker T.A.) hopes to make a splash this summer with his impending follow-up. Buying into Juicy J‘s “a successful radio single needs to attract a female audience” philosophy, Rob takes his biggest shot at pop success yet with the made-for-radio single Summer Girl. Producer T.A. gets behind the boards for mass-appeal production, as feature artist Reggie Jamz provides the all-important R&B hook. Put it all together with some aggressive national promotion and you have the recipe for Summer Girl success.
Written by Burmy on 05/20/08
Submit your Rating
Full Blown LLC/Country Boy Records (Indie)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.