Houston native and Universal Republic artist Rob G has seen his debut album, The Inauguration, get delayed for over a year, with no set release date from the label. As many fans suspected, the delays were due to a lack of radio-ready singles. Thus, Rob headed back into the studio to record a new track. While Private Dancer is a strong contender for strip-club airplay (don’t knock the concept, records get broken off in strip clubs), it somehow manages to avoid most of the clichés associated with the subgenre. Grill master Paul Wall feels right at home on Dancer (it’s his favorite topic besides slabs and ice), but the true credit goes to Papa Reu, whose production work and hook should give the single the automatic “banger” seal. The Inauguration is currently scheduled to drop later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Reppin My Block ft. Pitbull" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)