Houston native and Universal Republic artist Rob G has seen his debut album, The Inauguration, get delayed for over a year, with no set release date from the label. As many fans suspected, the delays were due to a lack of radio-ready singles. Thus, Rob headed back into the studio to record a new track. While Private Dancer is a strong contender for strip-club airplay (don’t knock the concept, records get broken off in strip clubs), it somehow manages to avoid most of the clichés associated with the subgenre. Grill master Paul Wall feels right at home on Dancer (it’s his favorite topic besides slabs and ice), but the true credit goes to Papa Reu, whose production work and hook should give the single the automatic “banger” seal. The Inauguration is currently scheduled to drop later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Reppin My Block ft. Pitbull" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.