Houston native and Universal Republic artist Rob G has seen his debut album, The Inauguration, get delayed for over a year, with no set release date from the label. As many fans suspected, the delays were due to a lack of radio-ready singles. Thus, Rob headed back into the studio to record a new track. While Private Dancer is a strong contender for strip-club airplay (don’t knock the concept, records get broken off in strip clubs), it somehow manages to avoid most of the clichés associated with the subgenre. Grill master Paul Wall feels right at home on Dancer (it’s his favorite topic besides slabs and ice), but the true credit goes to Papa Reu, whose production work and hook should give the single the automatic “banger” seal. The Inauguration is currently scheduled to drop later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Reppin My Block ft. Pitbull" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.