Rob G. has always been forced to act older than his age. When he was 12 years old, his father died of cancer, leaving him the man of the house. At the age of 13, he was already getting into small-time hustling to support his family. By the time he turned 20, he was already deep into the drug trade and had a wife and son of his own. Now, the young Houstonian is calling himself “the next Latin legend” of rap. Whether or not you agree with him, you can’t question the fact that he’s got more street cred than most rappers could ever dream of (lucky guy…). After creating a little buzz with his single For The Hood, featuring Dallas Blocker, the Houston rapper swells up its commercial appeal by getting Rick Ross to jump on the remix. The track is produced by Beanz & Kornbread, and will appear on his debut album, The Inauguration.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/1/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Reppin My Block ft. Pitbull" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)