Rob G. has always been forced to act older than his age. When he was 12 years old, his father died of cancer, leaving him the man of the house. At the age of 13, he was already getting into small-time hustling to support his family. By the time he turned 20, he was already deep into the drug trade and had a wife and son of his own. Now, the young Houstonian is calling himself “the next Latin legend” of rap. Whether or not you agree with him, you can’t question the fact that he’s got more street cred than most rappers could ever dream of (lucky guy…). After creating a little buzz with his single For The Hood, featuring Dallas Blocker, the Houston rapper swells up its commercial appeal by getting Rick Ross to jump on the remix. The track is produced by Beanz & Kornbread, and will appear on his debut album, The Inauguration.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Reppin My Block ft. Pitbull" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.