Rob G. has always been forced to act older than his age. When he was 12 years old, his father died of cancer, leaving him the man of the house. At the age of 13, he was already getting into small-time hustling to support his family. By the time he turned 20, he was already deep into the drug trade and had a wife and son of his own. Now, the young Houstonian is calling himself “the next Latin legend” of rap. Whether or not you agree with him, you can’t question the fact that he’s got more street cred than most rappers could ever dream of (lucky guy…). After creating a little buzz with his single For The Hood, featuring Dallas Blocker, the Houston rapper swells up its commercial appeal by getting Rick Ross to jump on the remix. The track is produced by Beanz & Kornbread, and will appear on his debut album, The Inauguration.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Reppin My Block ft. Pitbull" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.