About six years ago, The Cool Kids dropped Gold and a Pager, an ode to two signifiers of wealth in the hip-hop world. While that may have been the pinnacle in the ‘90s, pagers are now just a tad outdated. Perhaps Rob Fresh’s latest effort, Jordans Gold Chains, can be the 2010s’ Gold and a Pager? As hip-hop heads might have surmised, Beat Knockas’ instrumental borrows its central sample from Nas’ Street Dreams. With a hostile, hungry flow, Rob does a great job of matching the energy and vibe of Beat Knockas’ production. His money-chasing, grind-oriented bars any sure to win the approval of anyone with a taste for street music and a clean pair of new kicks. Jordans Gold Chains is not attached to anything larger, but those craving more from the New York repper can check out his last Booth feature, ‘12’s Got You.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
Filthy Fresh Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thought U Knew" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.