About six years ago, The Cool Kids dropped Gold and a Pager, an ode to two signifiers of wealth in the hip-hop world. While that may have been the pinnacle in the ‘90s, pagers are now just a tad outdated. Perhaps Rob Fresh’s latest effort, Jordans Gold Chains, can be the 2010s’ Gold and a Pager? As hip-hop heads might have surmised, Beat Knockas’ instrumental borrows its central sample from Nas’ Street Dreams. With a hostile, hungry flow, Rob does a great job of matching the energy and vibe of Beat Knockas’ production. His money-chasing, grind-oriented bars any sure to win the approval of anyone with a taste for street music and a clean pair of new kicks. Jordans Gold Chains is not attached to anything larger, but those craving more from the New York repper can check out his last Booth feature, ‘12’s Got You.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/13/13
Filthy Fresh Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thought U Knew" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.