About six years ago, The Cool Kids dropped Gold and a Pager, an ode to two signifiers of wealth in the hip-hop world. While that may have been the pinnacle in the ‘90s, pagers are now just a tad outdated. Perhaps Rob Fresh’s latest effort, Jordans Gold Chains, can be the 2010s’ Gold and a Pager? As hip-hop heads might have surmised, Beat Knockas’ instrumental borrows its central sample from Nas’ Street Dreams. With a hostile, hungry flow, Rob does a great job of matching the energy and vibe of Beat Knockas’ production. His money-chasing, grind-oriented bars any sure to win the approval of anyone with a taste for street music and a clean pair of new kicks. Jordans Gold Chains is not attached to anything larger, but those craving more from the New York repper can check out his last Booth feature, ‘12’s Got You.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
Filthy Fresh Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thought U Knew" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.