Even for those who are able to keep it positive 99% of the time, there are days when the negativity coming from the people around you is enough to make you go, “What the f**k?” If that’s you right now, Ro James has a personal message for you: “Everything’s gonna be OK / Everything’s gonna be Alright.” Brought to our attention by ThisIsRNB, the Pledge Allegiance crooner’s new, Olamide Faison and Rocki Evans-penned single finds the artist tutoring listeners on how to keep an even keel in a sea of troubles. With Brady Watt and Decap‘s atmospheric synths and distorted guitar flourishes as his backdrop, the singer soulfully pours out his frustrations while remaining calm and collected. Cocoa Sarai provides moral support on the guest tip, and director J. Shotti completes with package with some dark, cinematic visuals. Debut EP Coke Jack & Cadillacs as yet lacks a drop date, but don’t worry—we’ll keep you supplied with release details, as well as the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 09/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pledge Allegiance" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.