Even for those who are able to keep it positive 99% of the time, there are days when the negativity coming from the people around you is enough to make you go, “What the f**k?” If that’s you right now, Ro James has a personal message for you: “Everything’s gonna be OK / Everything’s gonna be Alright.” Brought to our attention by ThisIsRNB, the Pledge Allegiance crooner’s new, Olamide Faison and Rocki Evans-penned single finds the artist tutoring listeners on how to keep an even keel in a sea of troubles. With Brady Watt and Decap‘s atmospheric synths and distorted guitar flourishes as his backdrop, the singer soulfully pours out his frustrations while remaining calm and collected. Cocoa Sarai provides moral support on the guest tip, and director J. Shotti completes with package with some dark, cinematic visuals. Debut EP Coke Jack & Cadillacs as yet lacks a drop date, but don’t worry—we’ll keep you supplied with release details, as well as the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 09/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pledge Allegiance" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.