Whenever you see a sign that says “Keep Off The Grass,” what is the first thing that you do? If you are like me, and pretty much every other rationally-thinking person, then you’d immediately get your butt off the grass. Well, sometimes relationships are a lot like yard signs. No matter how bad of an idea a coupling might be for either party, there is nothing that can stop two people who are attracted to each other. Chicago duo R.J. & Technique know this all too well, recounting tales of ill-fated relationships on their latest offering, Fresh Meet. Armed with an interesting beat from producer Cloud, which combines an airy chime with some harder scratching and horns, R.J and Tech flex their storytelling muscles and in the process showcase their vulnerability. The two employ rather speedy flows to track the history of their doomed relationships and in the process do a masterful job of sharing a compelling story and making listeners feel attached to the effort.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.