Whenever you see a sign that says “Keep Off The Grass,” what is the first thing that you do? If you are like me, and pretty much every other rationally-thinking person, then you’d immediately get your butt off the grass. Well, sometimes relationships are a lot like yard signs. No matter how bad of an idea a coupling might be for either party, there is nothing that can stop two people who are attracted to each other. Chicago duo R.J. & Technique know this all too well, recounting tales of ill-fated relationships on their latest offering, Fresh Meet. Armed with an interesting beat from producer Cloud, which combines an airy chime with some harder scratching and horns, R.J and Tech flex their storytelling muscles and in the process showcase their vulnerability. The two employ rather speedy flows to track the history of their doomed relationships and in the process do a masterful job of sharing a compelling story and making listeners feel attached to the effort.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.