Whenever you see a sign that says “Keep Off The Grass,” what is the first thing that you do? If you are like me, and pretty much every other rationally-thinking person, then you’d immediately get your butt off the grass. Well, sometimes relationships are a lot like yard signs. No matter how bad of an idea a coupling might be for either party, there is nothing that can stop two people who are attracted to each other. Chicago duo R.J. & Technique know this all too well, recounting tales of ill-fated relationships on their latest offering, Fresh Meet. Armed with an interesting beat from producer Cloud, which combines an airy chime with some harder scratching and horns, R.J and Tech flex their storytelling muscles and in the process showcase their vulnerability. The two employ rather speedy flows to track the history of their doomed relationships and in the process do a masterful job of sharing a compelling story and making listeners feel attached to the effort.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.