An Island UK/Universal-signed twosome already enjoying massive success across the pond, Rizzle Kicks make their grand entrance into The DJBooth with That’s Classic, a freshly-minted single off their forthcoming sophomore full-length. On this catchy selection, London-repping partners-in-rhyme Rizzle and Harley Sylvester boast of their knack for creating timeless bangers, showcasing sharp lyrical interplay and an enjoyably cheeky, irreverent brand of swagger. Ant Whiting crafts an infectious backdrop for the duo’s rhymes, basing his instrumental around an addictive sample with a retro, Brazilian vibe. Toby Lockerbie direct’s the joint’s engaging official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the September 2, arrival of the duo’s new album, Roaring 20s.
Written by richard on 06/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost Generation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.