Though July’s Lost Generation found Rizzle Kicks lampooning their age group’s fixation on trash media, they didn’t exempt themselves from their own criticism; they’re just as addictied to reality TV as the next guy or girl. On their latest single, the UK twosome exhibit a few more stereotypical Gen-Y traits: namely, short attention spans and a taste for instant-gratification thrills. Over Ant Whiting‘s brassy, breakbeat-driven boardwork (sampled from EMF’s Unbelievable), Rizzle and Harley Sylvester express their impatience with courtship, conversation and other romantic formalities: “Let’s dance, and then let’s Skip to the Good Bit.” If you’re feeling this upbeat jam, you don’t have to wait around for more; sophomore full-length Roaring 20s is available now in stores and online.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rizzle Kicks Corin Hardy-directed Skip To The Good Bit visual.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
UK hip-pop duo Rizzle Kicks have released their sophomore studio album, Roaring 20s. The follow-up to 2011 debut Stereo Typical, the project packs 14 original cuts from the London crew. Included are reader-approved singles...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That's Classic" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)