Though July’s Lost Generation found Rizzle Kicks lampooning their age group’s fixation on trash media, they didn’t exempt themselves from their own criticism; they’re just as addictied to reality TV as the next guy or girl. On their latest single, the UK twosome exhibit a few more stereotypical Gen-Y traits: namely, short attention spans and a taste for instant-gratification thrills. Over Ant Whiting‘s brassy, breakbeat-driven boardwork (sampled from EMF’s Unbelievable), Rizzle and Harley Sylvester express their impatience with courtship, conversation and other romantic formalities: “Let’s dance, and then let’s Skip to the Good Bit.” If you’re feeling this upbeat jam, you don’t have to wait around for more; sophomore full-length Roaring 20s is available now in stores and online.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rizzle Kicks Corin Hardy-directed Skip To The Good Bit visual.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
UK hip-pop duo Rizzle Kicks have released their sophomore studio album, Roaring 20s. The follow-up to 2011 debut Stereo Typical, the project packs 14 original cuts from the London crew. Included are reader-approved singles...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That's Classic" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.