Though July’s Lost Generation found Rizzle Kicks lampooning their age group’s fixation on trash media, they didn’t exempt themselves from their own criticism; they’re just as addictied to reality TV as the next guy or girl. On their latest single, the UK twosome exhibit a few more stereotypical Gen-Y traits: namely, short attention spans and a taste for instant-gratification thrills. Over Ant Whiting‘s brassy, breakbeat-driven boardwork (sampled from EMF’s Unbelievable), Rizzle and Harley Sylvester express their impatience with courtship, conversation and other romantic formalities: “Let’s dance, and then let’s Skip to the Good Bit.” If you’re feeling this upbeat jam, you don’t have to wait around for more; sophomore full-length Roaring 20s is available now in stores and online.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rizzle Kicks Corin Hardy-directed Skip To The Good Bit visual.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That's Classic" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.