Though July’s Lost Generation found Rizzle Kicks lampooning their age group’s fixation on trash media, they didn’t exempt themselves from their own criticism; they’re just as addictied to reality TV as the next guy or girl. On their latest single, the UK twosome exhibit a few more stereotypical Gen-Y traits: namely, short attention spans and a taste for instant-gratification thrills. Over Ant Whiting‘s brassy, breakbeat-driven boardwork (sampled from EMF’s Unbelievable), Rizzle and Harley Sylvester express their impatience with courtship, conversation and other romantic formalities: “Let’s dance, and then let’s Skip to the Good Bit.” If you’re feeling this upbeat jam, you don’t have to wait around for more; sophomore full-length Roaring 20s is available now in stores and online.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rizzle Kicks Corin Hardy-directed Skip To The Good Bit visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That's Classic" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.