Though July’s Lost Generation found Rizzle Kicks lampooning their age group’s fixation on trash media, they didn’t exempt themselves from their own criticism; they’re just as addictied to reality TV as the next guy or girl. On their latest single, the UK twosome exhibit a few more stereotypical Gen-Y traits: namely, short attention spans and a taste for instant-gratification thrills. Over Ant Whiting‘s brassy, breakbeat-driven boardwork (sampled from EMF’s Unbelievable), Rizzle and Harley Sylvester express their impatience with courtship, conversation and other romantic formalities: “Let’s dance, and then let’s Skip to the Good Bit.” If you’re feeling this upbeat jam, you don’t have to wait around for more; sophomore full-length Roaring 20s is available now in stores and online.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rizzle Kicks Corin Hardy-directed Skip To The Good Bit visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That's Classic" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!