I’m not ashamed to admit that I have a soft spot for trashy reality TV. I’ve watched the first five seasons of Jersey Shore in their entirety, and loved every single dumb minute of it. UK hip-pop duo Rizzle Kicks can relate, according to new single Lost Generation, but it seems their affliction is a bit more serious than mine. Over Ant Whiting and Pete Cannon‘s driving, brass-laced boardwork, partners-in-rhyme Rizzle and Harley Sylvester discuss their media addiction in terms usually reserved for hard drugs: “Reality TV is morphine, give me that now, let me ease the pain.” The Kicks’ sophomore set, Roaring 20s, is scheduled to drop September 2 via Island UK/Universal. In the meantime, fans can look forward to this cut’s official visuals, directed by Jamie Thraves (Radiohead, Coldplay) and debuting digitally July 26.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rizzle Kicks’ Jamie Thraves-directed Lost Generation visual.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That's Classic" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.