I’m not ashamed to admit that I have a soft spot for trashy reality TV. I’ve watched the first five seasons of Jersey Shore in their entirety, and loved every single dumb minute of it. UK hip-pop duo Rizzle Kicks can relate, according to new single Lost Generation, but it seems their affliction is a bit more serious than mine. Over Ant Whiting and Pete Cannon‘s driving, brass-laced boardwork, partners-in-rhyme Rizzle and Harley Sylvester discuss their media addiction in terms usually reserved for hard drugs: “Reality TV is morphine, give me that now, let me ease the pain.” The Kicks’ sophomore set, Roaring 20s, is scheduled to drop September 2 via Island UK/Universal. In the meantime, fans can look forward to this cut’s official visuals, directed by Jamie Thraves (Radiohead, Coldplay) and debuting digitally July 26.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rizzle Kicks’ Jamie Thraves-directed Lost Generation visual.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
UK hip-pop duo Rizzle Kicks have released their sophomore studio album, Roaring 20s. The follow-up to 2011 debut Stereo Typical, the project packs 14 original cuts from the London crew. Included are reader-approved singles...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That's Classic" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.