I’m not ashamed to admit that I have a soft spot for trashy reality TV. I’ve watched the first five seasons of Jersey Shore in their entirety, and loved every single dumb minute of it. UK hip-pop duo Rizzle Kicks can relate, according to new single Lost Generation, but it seems their affliction is a bit more serious than mine. Over Ant Whiting and Pete Cannon‘s driving, brass-laced boardwork, partners-in-rhyme Rizzle and Harley Sylvester discuss their media addiction in terms usually reserved for hard drugs: “Reality TV is morphine, give me that now, let me ease the pain.” The Kicks’ sophomore set, Roaring 20s, is scheduled to drop September 2 via Island UK/Universal. In the meantime, fans can look forward to this cut’s official visuals, directed by Jamie Thraves (Radiohead, Coldplay) and debuting digitally July 26.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rizzle Kicks’ Jamie Thraves-directed Lost Generation visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That's Classic" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.