Last we heard from Rizzle Kicks, the UK hip-pop twosome were taking a satirical look at their generation’s media addiction on July video single Lost Generation. As it turns out, Harley Sylvester‘s cynicism isn’t limited to trashy reality TV—their perspective on contemporary romance is similarly jaded. As they put it on LP inclusion Don’t Bring Me Down, “Love is a class A substance, and I don’t wanna take it.” Ant Whiting reprises his role behind the mixing boards, serving up a head-noddably chill, breakbeat-driven groove as the duo warn listeners about the debilitating physical and professional effects of infatuation. Fans will be able to find this irreverent jam and much more on sophomore set Roaring 20s, scheduled to hit UK record stores and online retailers September 3, via Universal Island.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That's Classic" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.