The rising R&B star who brought us Rock the Bed this past February is reintroducing himself to our readership with his latest promo single. RIZ kicks off the newly-released She Loves Me by reminding listeners that he’s “soon to be sittin’ on top of the charts,” and proceeds to offer plenty of evidence of his star potential. Konvict in-house beatsmiths Modest Touch and Hakim back the Nigerian-born singer’s soulful stunting with a compulsively danceable beat, blending a swung percussion rhythm oddly reminiscent of Gray Glitter’s stadium-rocking classic, Rock and Roll Part 2, with swirling synth arpeggios, string stabs and, on the hook, silky female backing vocals. As you’d expect from a man self-assured enough to rock blazing-red bedazzled shades and what appears to be a futuristic wrist brace with his formalwear (check out the official video to see what I’m talking about), this track practically oozes confidence. So, Booth readers, do you love RIZ’s latest feature, or do you love it not?
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.