The rising R&B star who brought us Rock the Bed this past February is reintroducing himself to our readership with his latest promo single. RIZ kicks off the newly-released She Loves Me by reminding listeners that he’s “soon to be sittin’ on top of the charts,” and proceeds to offer plenty of evidence of his star potential. Konvict in-house beatsmiths Modest Touch and Hakim back the Nigerian-born singer’s soulful stunting with a compulsively danceable beat, blending a swung percussion rhythm oddly reminiscent of Gray Glitter’s stadium-rocking classic, Rock and Roll Part 2, with swirling synth arpeggios, string stabs and, on the hook, silky female backing vocals. As you’d expect from a man self-assured enough to rock blazing-red bedazzled shades and what appears to be a futuristic wrist brace with his formalwear (check out the official video to see what I’m talking about), this track practically oozes confidence. So, Booth readers, do you love RIZ’s latest feature, or do you love it not?
Written by richard on 09/30/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)