Newcomer Riz is taking his inspiration from all areas of hip-hop: though he proudly hails from NYC, he’s got money on his mind with his blingin’ label, Diamond District Entertainment. Like his forebears, Riz isn’t shy about flaunting what he’s got, as he boasts on his new buzz single, Show You ’Bout It. Kane Beatz spruces up an electronic drum clap with a dark beat; Riz takes full advantage of the up-tempo rhythm by encouraging his fellow hustlers to show off all they’ve got. Additionally, hookman extraordinaire Trey Songz saddles up his riches for a melodic chorus that complements the “get money” theme. There’s no word yet when Riz’s Self Made will hit the streets, but expect the kids to “pop bottles” like there’s no tomorrow when it does.
Written by Carly on 08/4/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.