Newcomer Riz is taking his inspiration from all areas of hip-hop: though he proudly hails from NYC, he’s got money on his mind with his blingin’ label, Diamond District Entertainment. Like his forebears, Riz isn’t shy about flaunting what he’s got, as he boasts on his new buzz single, Show You ’Bout It. Kane Beatz spruces up an electronic drum clap with a dark beat; Riz takes full advantage of the up-tempo rhythm by encouraging his fellow hustlers to show off all they’ve got. Additionally, hookman extraordinaire Trey Songz saddles up his riches for a melodic chorus that complements the “get money” theme. There’s no word yet when Riz’s Self Made will hit the streets, but expect the kids to “pop bottles” like there’s no tomorrow when it does.
Written by Carly on 08/4/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.