When most rappers spit about their hopes and dreams, the objects of their desires are things like Platinum sales numbers, sky-high stacks of cash, fancy whips and one-night stands with gorgeous models. Rittz, however, has more serious and pressing concerns than whether to spring for a Benz or a Bentley. On this unreleased joint (making its world premiere as a free download), the Slumerican emcee fills listeners in on a few of the things that he’s been Wishin’ for. Count Justice goes minimal on the production tip, crafting a cinematicallly spare, guitar-laced groove driven by softly-pulsing percussion as the emcee spits about the life circumstances from which he longs to escape—from his dependency on drugs and alcohol to get through the day, to his tight finances, to the “music industry motherf*ckers” with their false promises. Most of all though, he wishes that the woman he loves were back by his side. The result is far from sunny, but listeners who appreciated the expertly-flowed confessional rhymes of Rittz’ White Jesus mixtape are sure to appreciate the brutal honesty on display here. If you’re digging it, be sure to check out last month’s official video, viewable via DJBoothTV.
Written by richard on 11/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)