The recent success of Iggy Azalea has reminded us that White Rappers can do anything—including adopting any accent—their darker-skinned peers can do. (Whether they should, well, that’s up for debate.) Still, the melanin-challenged have to fight that much harder to earn respect in the game, as Rittz has learned from experience over the course of his career. Making its world premiere on our front page, the latest single off Rittz‘s sophomore set finds him reflecting on the checkered history of caucasians in hip-hop, as well as his personal struggles to prove he’s more than his skin color. Track Bangaz provide a pensive synth backdrop for his bars. Next to Nothing is slated to drop Sept. 9, via Strange Music. In the meantime, be sure to check out Rittz’s brand new interview in the Booth, in which he delves into this song’s themes in more detail.
Written by richard on 08/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.