For Real, the reader-acclaimed lead single off Rittz’ Strange Music debut album, found him departing from his trademark confessional bars to (in the words of one Richard) “[wild] the f*ck out over a hot beat.” Having gotten everyone’s attention with that hi-octane cut, the ATLien bucks expectations yet again with follow-up Switch Lanes, which transplants its predecessor’s triumphant themes into a very different aural environment. RCA Records recording artist Mike Posner‘s stripped-down synth production sets the mood for some heavy introspection, but Rittz’ masterfully-flowed verses reflect the inner peace of a man cruising on the highway to greatness. Complete with the Cooler Than Me hitmaker’s own sandpapery chorus vocals, this joint is ideally suited for a nighttime drive. For this record and many more quality cuts (including another Posner collab), check out The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant when it hits record stores and online retailers April 30.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rittz’ Topshelf Jr.-directed Switch Lanes visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.