For Real, the reader-acclaimed lead single off Rittz’ Strange Music debut album, found him departing from his trademark confessional bars to (in the words of one Richard) “[wild] the f*ck out over a hot beat.” Having gotten everyone’s attention with that hi-octane cut, the ATLien bucks expectations yet again with follow-up Switch Lanes, which transplants its predecessor’s triumphant themes into a very different aural environment. RCA Records recording artist Mike Posner‘s stripped-down synth production sets the mood for some heavy introspection, but Rittz’ masterfully-flowed verses reflect the inner peace of a man cruising on the highway to greatness. Complete with the Cooler Than Me hitmaker’s own sandpapery chorus vocals, this joint is ideally suited for a nighttime drive. For this record and many more quality cuts (including another Posner collab), check out The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant when it hits record stores and online retailers April 30.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rittz’ Topshelf Jr.-directed Switch Lanes visual.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
When you’re in high school, your horizon often only extends as far as your beat up, hand me down, used car will drive; and that’s if you’re lucky enough to have a beat up car. The people you know might as well be the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.