For Real, the reader-acclaimed lead single off Rittz’ Strange Music debut album, found him departing from his trademark confessional bars to (in the words of one Richard) “[wild] the f*ck out over a hot beat.” Having gotten everyone’s attention with that hi-octane cut, the ATLien bucks expectations yet again with follow-up Switch Lanes, which transplants its predecessor’s triumphant themes into a very different aural environment. RCA Records recording artist Mike Posner‘s stripped-down synth production sets the mood for some heavy introspection, but Rittz’ masterfully-flowed verses reflect the inner peace of a man cruising on the highway to greatness. Complete with the Cooler Than Me hitmaker’s own sandpapery chorus vocals, this joint is ideally suited for a nighttime drive. For this record and many more quality cuts (including another Posner collab), check out The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant when it hits record stores and online retailers April 30.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rittz’ Topshelf Jr.-directed Switch Lanes visual.
Written by richard on 05/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.