I think it’s fair to say that Yelawolf helped put his Slumerican homey Rittz on the map, but once placed on said map, it’s completely up to Rittz to stay there and expand his territory. Did that metaphor make any sense? If not, let’s make it real simple. Showing an appetite for culinarily named songs (see his DJBooth Freestyle Smash Potatoes), Rittz is back on our pages with new leak Pie. Produced by DJ Burn One (who coincidentally just jumped In the Mix), Pie’s beat is an understated blend of crying guitars, slowly winding percussion and a softly hitting bass line. On the mic Rittz continues to display his trademark blend of rapid fire rhymes and often hilarious punchlines – not many rappers would compare themselves to a special ed student. Joining the large-haired emcee is legendary Memphis rapper 8Ball, who, of course, delivers a verse full of women, money and weed. If this slice of hip-hop leaves you hungry, there will be plenty more music like Pie in store on Rittz’ upcoming mixtape White Jesus, set to hit our homepage next Tuesday, March 8
Written by Nathan S. on 03/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.