While the casual fan may know Rittz as that white guy with the huge hair, or one of the game’s best double-time flow practitioners, or an accomplished amateur birdwatcher (ok, I made that last one up), loyalists of the Slumerican emcee know that the man has some serious storytelling rap skills. From his work on Yelawolf’s Growin Up in the Gutter to Sleep at Night, Rittz has displayed a serious penchant for narration, a penchant he puts on full display yet again on new promo single Love Me (making its worldwide premiere right now!). The Beatchefs, whose credits include production on Raekwon’s Cold Outside 2 and co-writing credits on Slumerican Shitizen and Pill’s Glass, provide an instantly memorable beat full of horns and a haunting sample that would have sounded at home on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. On the mic Rittz delves into the story of three supremely dysfunctional relationships, starting with…well, you’re just going to have to listen to the man’s story. While Love Me isn’t attached to a larger project, fans of Rittz can cop his recently released White Jesus: Revival project right now. No seriously, like right now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.