While the casual fan may know Rittz as that white guy with the huge hair, or one of the game’s best double-time flow practitioners, or an accomplished amateur birdwatcher (ok, I made that last one up), loyalists of the Slumerican emcee know that the man has some serious storytelling rap skills. From his work on Yelawolf’s Growin Up in the Gutter to Sleep at Night, Rittz has displayed a serious penchant for narration, a penchant he puts on full display yet again on new promo single Love Me (making its worldwide premiere right now!). The Beatchefs, whose credits include production on Raekwon’s Cold Outside 2 and co-writing credits on Slumerican Shitizen and Pill’s Glass, provide an instantly memorable beat full of horns and a haunting sample that would have sounded at home on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. On the mic Rittz delves into the story of three supremely dysfunctional relationships, starting with…well, you’re just going to have to listen to the man’s story. While Love Me isn’t attached to a larger project, fans of Rittz can cop his recently released White Jesus: Revival project right now. No seriously, like right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.