While the casual fan may know Rittz as that white guy with the huge hair, or one of the game’s best double-time flow practitioners, or an accomplished amateur birdwatcher (ok, I made that last one up), loyalists of the Slumerican emcee know that the man has some serious storytelling rap skills. From his work on Yelawolf’s Growin Up in the Gutter to Sleep at Night, Rittz has displayed a serious penchant for narration, a penchant he puts on full display yet again on new promo single Love Me (making its worldwide premiere right now!). The Beatchefs, whose credits include production on Raekwon’s Cold Outside 2 and co-writing credits on Slumerican Shitizen and Pill’s Glass, provide an instantly memorable beat full of horns and a haunting sample that would have sounded at home on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. On the mic Rittz delves into the story of three supremely dysfunctional relationships, starting with…well, you’re just going to have to listen to the man’s story. While Love Me isn’t attached to a larger project, fans of Rittz can cop his recently released White Jesus: Revival project right now. No seriously, like right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.